Monday, 8 September 2014

The Wedding Day

Today Alberto and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary.  















Our marriage has had its challenges as well as its beautiful moments, but all things considered we make a fabulous team.  


















We had a very unusual wedding...  
















It is a beautiful, sunshiny day in September.  A wonderful time of year, early autumn, with the breeze beginning to carry the sticky sweet scent of maple leaves, the sun still beaming down preventing the chill of fall.  












The groom stands at the edge of the meadow, a harpist is playing Pachabel’s Canon in D Major.   A gleaming ginger-coated horse enters from stage right, stepping proudly, the bride is side-saddle, her spanish-inspired dress billowing around her ankles.  Her face is flushed with emotion and her eyes are lowered.  She dismounts, walks up the aisle with her father. 















The service is short, and nobody remembers what is said, but for a sense of the words the bride and groom speak, each in the other's language, in promising themselves to one another.  








As the sun sets, the celebration moves to the harbour.  The guests dine, and when the last rays of sun slide slowly out of sight behind the vast expanse of the sea, small white lights illuminate the festivities.  Dancing, laughter, and merriment predominate the setting.  Mouths yawning, eyelids drooping, the bride and groom exit to their private quarters…






















I won’t continue from this point, as this is a G-rated blog.  But I WILL share that the night was tremendous, the bride and groom escaped in the middle of the night on a small, barely-sea-worthy vessel, which broke down, alarms sounding in the middle of the ocean.  No that's not a metaphor for copulation gone awry.  It truly happened.  Well, maybe they weren't in the MIDDLE of the ocean, but they were definitely in a deep part.  The bride and groom WERE able to make it to their flight and subsequently to their honeymoon destination in Mexico, where they shared a fabulous vacation.



















And that is how our marriage began. Beautiful, memorable, and laden with twists of adventure.  If the rest of our lives together can live up to the beginning, we are sure to share a marvellous journey!  I look forward to spending many years to come with Alberto, un hombre tan hermoso y cariñoso.  I hope to learn from him and about him more every day. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures Carly and Alberto...I wish I knew you then and could have celebrated with guys...your a great couple.

    ReplyDelete